Being featured in an industry publication can be your PR launching pad. It’ll also make your mother “kvell” (proud).
I’ve been fortunate to have been featured in @PRWeek, a noted public relations industry publication several times, which was a personal thrill but also a great sales mechanism for my PR consultancy.
So, the next time you or your business is mentioned or featured in an industry trade publication, use it as a springboard toward getting more attention and visibility. Here’s my best advice:
- Timing trade media editorial coverage to dovetail with a new service or product introduction can power up a launch. Distribute the article/news mention to client prospects as a means of validating your thought leadership.
- Press coverage provides you with the opportunity to use high value organic backlinks; with proper SEO, these can drive new business/inquiries and web traffic.
- Leverage industry news coverage – a public validation of your brand/business – by sharing with existing clients as a reminder of why they chose to do business with you.
- Post a promotional badge – “As Seen in Widget Magazine” with the publication’s logo on all platforms.
- Create a simple online newsroom on your website and post recent media coverage. This is a great refere3nce for reporters looking to get a feel for your company’s communications style.Which industry-specific publication would you like to be featured in?